View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 05:40 PM   #256
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Juucso is on a distinguished road
Time for some bad news my friends. Long story short.

Early this summer I got the R34 back on the road and got to drive her around 120miles / 1 week before shit hit the fan. There is an 90-degree adapter plate on the stock oil filter housing for oil pressure sensor. It is attached with two bolts and that motherfucker came loose. I do not know how, when or why it has been loosen up, but that's in the past now. Both bolts were missing. Half of the engine bay was covered in oil and now we have an bad bottom-end. Could be an easy fix with new set of bearings and some small machine work, but that is not me.

I've started to disassemble the car slowly and today I started to make some progress. Car is back on the lift and I am going to disassemble the car to bare shell. Starting everything from point zero. I want to fix all the small stuff I do not like what has been done by previous owners and going fully different direction with the car.

I've always been drooling over the TX2K films, street racing, drag racing, half mile pulls etc etc.., drag style shit. That is what I want to do with this thing. Yes I know, it's ruining the cars original purpose. We just do not have any tracks here or nice twisting roads for some fast cornering cars.

Here are my overall plans and visions.

Engine,
1. Billet RB30 block stroked to 3200cc
2. Garrett GTX5020r Gen. II 88mm turbo
3. Dry Sump
4. Hypertune everything possible
5. E85 conversion
6. Nitrous

Drivetrain,
1. Sequential transmission (maybe paddle shift conversion?)
2. Clutch that will hold +1000kw setup
3. Maybe 9" rear differential?
4. Upgrade everything needed for +1000kw setup

Interior,
1. Keep it stock as possible
2. Refurbish everything needed
3. Keep OEM gauge cluster and MFD, add external dash display to 2-din spot
4. Maybe some more race-ish seats for safety
5. Maybe a roll cage. BIG maybe.

Exterior,
1. Color change? What are your thoughts?
2. Remove dents
3. Keep it OEM+ looking. NO z-tune conversion...
4. Time for a parachute.
5. Roll arches for tire clearance
6. Remove all unnecessary holes from the engine bay. Tucked style.
7. Air intake to headlight.

So, that is not cheap and will take A LOT of time to make all this happen, but it is my vision and I'll aim for it. If the outcome and drag style setup is not for me, I'll change the direction to more track oriented style.

Only need to take brake lines and coils off before I can take the rear subframe out and driveshaft + front axles to remove engine and transmission. After those, I'll remove front bumper, headlights and front fenders before starting to weld up the engine bay. I'll keep you updated on this slow and highly expensive project of my wet dreams.