View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 08:12 PM   #639
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSled View Post
what's so bad about the aluminum bushing other than vibration ?
Galvanic action and the fact that you have to press them in.

Welder go brrrrrrrrrrr...

Why? Because why would I ever want to go back to eccentric bolts? Also, this, again, is no place for aluminum. There is another washer welded to the other side as well.

I need to cut this down and weld this thing on, just need an extension cord for the welder.

Soon to be solid steel "bushings". Had to do some figuring tonight on the best way to ensure good fitment, and now I have it. Just have to cut the tube to length and do a mockup before I glue these things in there. Then a few more reinforcements and the whole subframe is off to be stripped, e-coated, and powdercoated. Should be absolutely bulletproof after that.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote