View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 06:10 AM   #1
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
Internal or External Wastegates?

What’s everyone’s personal preference for wastegates (Internal wastegate vs external wastegate) and why?
Please no bashing each other, I’m interested in everyone’s opinion on wastegates here.
I personally lean towards external wastegates 90% of the time as they flow great, almost all use vband connections (gaskets/hardware pre turbo is always a failure point) and can be recirculated if noise is an issue.
That said internal wastegates also have their place, keeping things simple/cost effective when compared to external wastegate options.

Super throwback video of my KA24e-T with a Tial external wastegate having some fun in AZ.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN5sy0nlecE

Last edited by tunermt; 12-29-2022 at 07:27 PM..
tunermt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links