View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 04:02 AM   #43
HouseElf
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
HouseElf is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry for being away for a while guys. been pretty busy with work/the build. but its come pretty far since my last post thats for sure.

brand new, the first set of the new hks cams for the SR.

started cleaning up the engine bay
dirty

then some degreaser

the throttle body had to be modified to fit on the intake manifold

(this is the "adapter plate" they sent, that didnt work at all lol)

and once it was done we realized that th 70mm throttle body was a little to big for the manifold, so we fixed that.

new pump came in

and although i have nothing tomei, its all i have for now

tapped the valve cover for AN fittings

the completed design for the twin in tank denso pumps.

turbo still being clocked

we changed out the oem throttle cable for this one, looks much better, and fits perfectly.

the Jim Wolf fuel rail came with some very strange mounts, that didnt work at all lol. so our fabricator managed to make some new ones, that look a ton better, and actually work.

we put the FPR in a nice location that is pretty hidden, but very easy to see and read if you know where it is.

there are a ton of other things that have happened, just no pictures of them yet. i was very close to going solid lifters, but did the next best thing, not really at liberty to say what, but it sould work out fairly well.

when i first bought the car it had an oil filter relocation kit on it, it had fake AN fittings on it and a VERY small oil filter, so we relocated that along with the GREX oil cooler underneath the passenger side front end, next to the intercooler. we also got a new filter mount that is AN fitted, and it now has a supra filter (and fits 90% of other filters lol)

i am also in the prosses of fixing the front bumper, painting the WORK S2 rims, wet sanding and buffing the paint, as well as restoring the front head lights (done and they look much better)

i also put in the new 3 inch sparco 4 point harness, i had a 2 inch before but decided i needed to upgrade. although i dont have a harness bar or a cage for that matter, i mounted the harness anyway. i know its not safe, but i needed something there.

im sure im forgetting some big things, but ill update if i remember.

well tomorrow we start cleaning up all of the wireing, setting up the coil pack wireing and getting it ready for the HKS DLI. aswell as wireing the ID2000 injectors. then the Fcon vpro 3.3 will go in.

we also still have to finish fabricating the vband downpipe, making the tial waste gate fit ( for some reason the full race manifold has the wastegate pointing strait at the brake booster, so we have to make a pipe to re route it down) then a dump pipe for it. after that all of the intercooler piping needs to be made.

there is a few other things after that regarding the suspension etc.

ill update it as it happens.
HouseElf is offline   Reply With Quote