View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 12:29 PM   #13494
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsiors View Post
what oneline made were whole tail light sets, not covers. came in both zenki/chuki and kouki style. it was a plastic piece, just like these covers, then two round red reflectors and square corner bit, they all screw into that plastic thing.

you could try to make these by yourself. doesnt look too hard
ok, going to clarify ALL of this OneLine tail lights BS right now

OneLine made TAIL LIGHT REPLACEMENTS for the 180sx zenki/chuki and 180sx kouki models. OneLine ALSO made TAIL LIGHT COVERS for the OE 180sx kouki models. The replacements were full units that used OEM mounting holes, but they didnt have an internal molded cover. the backsides were completely exposed. they used a single bulb in the center of each lense that had a circular soft padded aluminum cover to prevent light from being seen in the center, it only illuminated the outside of the red lenses to give them the look of skyline tails when lit. the outer housing had fitment issues due to being slightly larger than the tail light recess area. the outside body of the lights was made from molded plastic. the insides were all hand assembled using epoxy cement and screws.

The OneLine tail light covers have been replicated over and over in Japan since their introduction. They are still easily had on YAJ for like $75-$100 i believe.

You will most likely NEVER get your hands on a set of OneLine tail light replacements as they are almost impossible to be had in Japan. I was bidding on a set for the 180sx zenki/chuki models that popped up (they were BRAND NEW too). i put $1200 on the auction, i was outbid in the last 10 minutes and the auction went up to $1500 by the time it was over. I am looking into replicating OneLine tails (as i have INSANELY detailed photos of exactly how the lights were made and put together), but yeah... thats a ways away from actually coming to light.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote