View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 12:04 PM   #34
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
well everyone that wanted to push back on my replies went radio silence... I'm just waiting for someone to call me out on my "BS"
Problem is we're arguing two different things and it became a moot point, so why continue?

You are arguing why a low-run OEM part is more expensive then a high-run OEM part or an aftermarket part.

I'm asking if the low-run OEM part actually is better or different then the high-run OEM part as I've seen data to suggest it's just "marketing". In the case some parts are "better" which are and which are not?

Example :

RB Oil Pumps are garbage. They have two flat surfaces that get beat on by a crank that's keyway is to short - even the long snout crank is to short.

Pumps fail because the uneven beatings cause the sintered steal gear to explode. (it's powered metal).

We have 3 OEM Pumps.

Regular - $230
N1 - $300 (typical to find for $230) : 15010-24U01
Nismo - $1,400 : 15010-RR580

Now one would think this Nismo pump would fix the issue - exploding gears. But it doesn't. It's not stronger then an Regular or N1 pump.

N1 pump flows the same volume, just at a higher pressure. Nismo flows more volume at a higher pressure. Both use powered metal gears that will explode. Nissan never addressed the pumps failure point.

Aftermarket pumps move to forged metal - and aftermarket solutions move to spline driven collars with forged gears to ensure complete surface contact and even distribution of impact force.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote