View Single Post
Old 06-13-2023, 01:55 PM   #78
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Craigslist kind of killed themselves by charging $5 for car listings. I'm sure the business case worked out and that did get rid of all the $2000 Toyota Tacoma with a fake gmail address scam ads (they're all on FBM now) but it also basically killed the entire $1000 beater car market.

The search on FBM is inscrutable. But it's just the most egregious example as everyone's search results are streamlined and massaged heavily now. I can be looking right at a listing, search for the title of the listing, and it won't appear. I've got a set of new in box Hawk brake pads for a ton of Toyota/Scion applications, my eBay listing has been up for literal years even at a drastically lower price than retail because I don't come up in search results.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote