View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 11:24 PM   #3
sre30s14

Trader Rating: (0)
sre30s14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
What engine and how is the car used

2jz pistons are the same size as sr20 so I cant tell if you have a 4-cylinder or 6-cylinder

In general a stock sr20 can support 360rwhp to 380rwhp this is considered a minimum for me as a reliable daily driver (20 years 200,000 miles)

For 2jz-gte the minimum is simply 150% of stated or 360rwhp times 1.5 = 540rwhp

Thus your target goal is very low, and confuses me with the engine mods.
In other words, it takes NO Modifications to a stock engine besides cam/spring to make those stated numbers and ANYTHING you do or have somebody do is going to reduce the reliability of the engine.

I would be surprised if you see 10,000 miles from an engine that somebody opened up and fooled around with the bottom end / pistons/rings/etc... It generally ends poorly. Whereas if you take a perfectly stock 140,000 miles 2jz-gte and produce 550rwhp you can take that engine to 240,000 miles easily (+100,000 miles and 10 years of service) with no modifications or rebuild necessary.
I am opting to go for 300 whp. Keeping the T28. Might do cams. It's a funny car. I bought it 8 years ago, I drive it fairly often, and I didn't have any reason to rebuild it. It's an SR20DET powered BMW E30. I know I know. Not smart.

Anyways I was getting a new headgasket so I could safely raise the boost. The engine builder found out it always had pistons from a 2JZ-GTE. It's quite miraculous it survived this long. Bearings were perfect. But I figure I should focus on getting myself some experience with the power before bumping up. I could put the extra monies into refreshing suspension components. Its a strange thing the pistons. The engine is in good shape and nothing else is modified on it. Just the pistons.
sre30s14 is offline   Reply With Quote