View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 06:34 PM   #15
Wookie384
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Wookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Wookie384
When I mentioned driveability issues I should have been more clearer by saying that in a daily driven car, or in a square or oversquare motor, it can be annoying. The drop off of RPM's between shifts with a too light of a flywheel could cause the engine RPM to be out of your powerband band when the clutch engages again, this is of course dependent on how/where your engine makes power (take your gearing also into account). I hate the fact when I've driven buddy's cars and they stall/sputter/struggle to idle when I drive their car on the street, That loss of inertia from the flywheel being too light can cause that, also I personally believe that most of our "street engines" could stand to benefit from some inertia which is why the factories design weight into the flywheel, and some engine builders take into account the weight of the clutch and flywheel assembly when building motors, so if the engine is mostly stock or isn't built and is daily driven I strongly recommend against a too light of a flywheel, Now if it's a race car, or you're too cool to care about the above mentioned stuff go right ahead. I personally have a Toda flywheel waiting to go back into my track car.
Wookie384 is offline   Reply With Quote