View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 04:30 PM   #10
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_rex View Post
if hks did design them to sit higher then oem specs then i think thats a stupid idea. they should meet oem measurements. hope you get it right
Not really true, because if you are talking about extremely high lift cams and want to build the head to rev to 9000 RPM, not all of the specs are going to be the same as the original OEM setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastaflash05 View Post
the hks lifters are essentialy modified oem lifters. after taking an oem lifter apart i realized that oem lifters can easily be modified to be hks lifters exactly.

no solid lifter can match a hydraulic lifters height because it is variable. also, mine seem to sit lower than oem, not higher.

i called hks today for further instructions, and they told me that the installation is as printed in the oem service manual. i asked about any available shim kits, or individual shims and she told me they are available through nissan. she was refering to the rocker leveling shims though.

i would still like to have some input from anyone else who has setup this type of lifter.
How much did the lifters alone cost? I would definitely be careful with this if I were you and take my time and get in touch with someone with this kind of setup did.

i think Ray (fliprayzin240sx) has a solid head, IIRC

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote