View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #1
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
93 SR Hatch build in the Mitten State

Thought I would post a bit about my build now that i have a premium account I am 23 and Im a graphic designer in Michigan. I just graduated from GVSU in December and wanted to pick up a new project car after my previous love was totaled- 99 Toyota Solara:

The car was supercharged at 6 psi, put down about 254 whp. Did the first black interior swap into a Solara complete with defi gauges and sparco torino seats/ 4 pt harnesses. I loved everything about it, but I got rear ended and insurance totaled the car. I got a good chunk of cash from mods and insurance, but I wanted to get something a bit cheaper with more potential and RWD. I picked this car up on election day:

The car wasnt all bad and the chassis was rust free- something really rare up here in the midwest. The body seemed to be pretty clean as well, just some very slight rust starting on the bottoms of the A pillars. Mostly the car just needed a lot of TLC. The previous owner didnt have time for the car anymore with a wife and kids, so it had pretty much just been sitting for the past few years. I saw a lot of potential and decided to give it a shot.

I drove the car and enjoyed the power for about two weeks until I left the lights on and killed the battery. At some point int he jumping process, we are fairly sure that one of my friends must have tuched the cables in reverse and fried something. The car wouldnt turn over and had no power. I found that the alternator fuse had blown. Upon replacing it the car got power again, but still wouldnt turn over. Starter was good, etc, so my wiring nightmare began after a lot of troubleshooting.

Current status and planned mods in the next post...

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 06-04-2015 at 11:38 AM..
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links