View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 01:49 PM   #462
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy1614 View Post
Sorry to bring up old shit but I was doing a bit of research on remote oil filter plumbing for my ls1 and came across this. Am I mistaken or is this plumbed wrong. Looks like out of filter to the out port of the pump to me. Again sorry to bring up an old thread.
Don't do it this way. There is far too much volume of oil between the pump and the block. Oil doesn't get into the engine until it gets into the "in" fitting in the oil pan. Even with just a relocation filter alone it takes around 30 revolutions to get oil into the engine and those filters are often placed in such a way that they drain overnight so each morning your engine runs without pressure for extended periods each first start.

Put an oil pressure gauge on the top of the engine behind the intake manifold, and then crank the engine with the plugs out on a battery charger and see how long it takes to get oil through that hose. It might be ok if you have a high output oil pump- I am not sure. The way I overcome this problem is with a pre-oil accumulator on the engine (if you have that then it will be fine).
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote