View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 10:18 PM   #3819
DoingOK

Trader Rating: (0)
DoingOK is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought an SR20DET motor for my son to build for Christmas. He currently has a 1991 180SX which has a stock SR20DET redtop in it which will be replaced with this "built" spare. We are reviewing turbo upgrades to go along with his build and happened upon this thread. So far, we've had the block pressure checked, bored (86.5mm) and decked 10 thousandths. I already purchased BC 264 cams, BC springs, titanium retainers, SuperTech inconel oversized valves with all new guides and seals, BC forged rods with JE forged pistons, King bearings and a new HKS tubular exhaust manifold. Right now we are going to use the stock intake manifold with a Radium fuel rail, 750cc DeatschWerks injectors and an Aeromotive FPR. The head is going in to get cleaned up and a port/polish/valve job will be accomplished. He's looking for 350-400whp to be used for some road course racing @ VIR. He's been eyeing the GTX 2867 Gen2 series. With the current parts list he has, would the 2871R be a better choice for his desired output?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6131.JPG (494.1 KB, 28 views)
DoingOK is offline   Reply With Quote