View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 11:01 PM   #272
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
...this is perfect for the old grumpy assholes thread.

The data would suggest there is a strong correlation between shit cars, indecisiveness, and lower ages.

I don't associate with many car guys around that age. In my opinion they are usually quick to 'complete' a car because newcomers now have easier access to avenues for parts that were once less-known. They also know who to mimic because they see the lasting impression the 'old heads' have left on this community. It's a recipe that's easy for clout chasers to follow. When the clout runs out, however, they simply hop platforms. I can probably search a few FS threads on here from young guys that built cars and then sold them before they ever really spent time with it. It's the thrill of the hunt and when the hunt is over they want to hunt something else.

Young car 'enthusiasts' are (to me) mostly not genuinely into cars, let alone this platform. There's some degree of interest but the buzz from social media is what they're really enthusiastic about. I don't actively categorize who I interact with according to age because, in all honesty, I think between Zilvia and IG there are only 4 people that I consider to be genuinely in love with these shitty cars and that's spanning a wide range of age groups.

Good points. What really bothers me is how fast people, kids, millennials, etc move on from a project. Like how are these younger cucks owning like 5 or more cars and just continually "building/buying" parts just to turn around and sell it for less. Social media is a real killer on everything that has to do with life in general, kills relationships, hobbies whole nine. Ive always wondered what the car community would be like if there was no social media.

Like it would be nice to find a solid group of guys that genuinely have a passion for these shitty Japanese cars. Like i don't see myself getting rid of my 240 anytime, i've had it almost 10 years and i don't think any young lad with any price tag could get me to sell it.
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote