View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 11:22 AM   #2
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Alright so lets continue...

So While the car was in storage, I had flown out to Japan!

It was a trip of a life time, and I can't wait to head back. I went during Tokyo Auto Salon, so I was able to purchase a ton of items without having to drive to various shops...

And TAS was WILD! All of the best project cars that you've seen pictures or video on in person. A bit of a photo dump....

Plus I got to meet quite a few rather interesting people...

Thumbs up all around...

And there's there was the D1 Demo. I was able to hang about in the pits, beyond the ropes. Maybe it was the VIP passes?

I also spoke to Daigo Saito (Super nice guy, and we managed to converse with my terrible Japanese and his okay English. Shout out to his crew for translating the missing bits HAHA....

I also got to visit the Nissan DNA garage... They had EVERY Nissan car you could think of in showroom condition. They also had a ton of race cars on hand...

Hit up Tomei to see what's up...

Super nice staff, and had a lot of fun things out because of TAS...

They even ran the dyno with the 1JZ VVTI bits attached since I had a few questions for my own build...

Also seen how their cams are made...

Then the Up Garage down the street...

Since this is a car form, I've kept it car related... Oh wait... Random Gundam RX78 sighting...

RIP

I did manage to spend a grip in Akihabara, Harajuku, and other places... I've got TONS of pictures, but I'll keep this streamlined. Next update will be when I get home, and when the car arrives...

Good times a head...

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...

Last edited by tricky_ab; 07-07-2017 at 08:51 PM..
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote