View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 03:59 PM   #10
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeyes221 View Post
That wire harness looks amazing. you did some great work
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
Definitely interested in this kit.

Those subframe spacers look way thinner than the ones Speed Academy used for their K swap, so I'm guessing it won't really effect geometry that badly?

Also, it would be nice to know if A/C is going to be a possibility.
Yeah that’s because the custom oil pan allows the engine to sit much lower. I don’t think the S14 even runs them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
Cool.

I get that K series are more abundant and cheaper but the initial up front cost (Motor, swap parts, sourcing the e36 transmission, standalone ecu, etc) to even do this to an s chassis kinda defeats that argument.
It’s probably the most capable swap per dollar spent. Standalone ecu is not needed. None of the parts are that expensive besides the aftermarket components you’d be buying for any other engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
So what are the typical engine management options for the K-Series? Anything Plug and Play? Or just whatever you want and a custom made harness.

I'd really love to do a K24 with a garret G25-550. Just seems like it would be a LOT of money. Yeah the long block is cheap, but literally everything else has to be custom/aftermarket.
The S14 runs stock ecu with K-pro. I’m fairly certain TF is going to offer a bolt on top mount v-band turbo kit. I honestly think an NA K24 with intake manifold, header, and cams would be a blast. So simple!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote