View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 10:55 AM   #42
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
I actually didn't know there were other threads.

Again, I think the thing about the licenses is about the DIY customer. I understand needing the support for the software, the time and money it takes to revise it and make it better.

What I'm saying about it is:

If you take a AEM EMS, a guy buys one second hand. Same engine, same car. He can go DL the software for himself and get going with tuning the EMS.

With the Nistune, if you bought the ecu second hand and the licenses were used by the previous owner, then you have to buy a new license.

This isn't ideal for the DIY'er that is trying to score a good deal by buying a 2nd had ecu.

I believe that if Steve really wanted to tune Nistune cars he would purchase the Tuner license. But I can't speak for him.

I think he's mearly pointing out the difficulty his client has had with it and would like insight to what can be done for those 2nd hand buyers out there.

I, BTW, am planning to purchase one near the end of this year. After moving and stuff is done. ><

I like the way the software looks, the price, and the growing community around this tuning solution.