View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 01:17 PM   #22612
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadhr View Post
Swapped a 2002 s15 sr20det into my buds s14. I have the wastegate connected to the intake manifold for now, i know this isnt correct it isnt a MAP car. When car hits full boost or full throttle it cuts. I was thinking of tapping into the IC piping behind the MAF for the wastegate. Would this be the proper place to tap into? I also think this is the reason for the cutoff...

Sorry for the noob question, but i want to be sure before i start drilling.
Trying to follow what you're asking here, but piping between the MAF and turbo would be vacuum and the wastegate would never open.

Having the wastegate connected to the manifold isn't the best way, but it isn't wrong either. You should feed the wastegate from the small line off the throttle, or tap the piping directly after the turbo, similar to the stock set up.

Here's a post I replied to with how to connect up the vacuum lines: https://zilvia.net/f/showpost.php?p=...4&postcount=25

The bigger question, is what do you mean by "it cuts"?
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote