View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
Pergatory

Trader Rating: (0)
Pergatory is a well-known jackass
s13 Help me choose coilovers

I'm currently running a set of Whiteline Group 4 coilovers in my S13 DD. They are 5kg front, 4kg rear, and I'm pretty happy with them. If anything, I'd say they are actually a tad more stiff than I'd like, but they're almost perfect. The car hasn't had much else done to it aside from poly bushings in the control arms and a few other places to help cope with the extra stiffness.

Unfortunately, one of the dampers was damaged and I need to replace it. It looks like nobody sells these anymore... plus I was beginning to doubt their sturdiness even before I had one fail.

That being said, I've decided to just upgrade all four corners and toss out the Whiteline. Unfortunately I just haven't been watching the DD market since I was expecting to have these Whitelines for a while, so I have no idea what all is out there. I was looking at some Stance coilovers for my track car but they don't seem to have anything more street-like available.

Cost is not really an issue here. I expect to spend $1500-2000 but am willing to go higher if it's worth it. The car is a daily driver, but I do take it offroad as I'm a ham radio operator and volunteer at local rallies. So my perfect suspension would eliminate body roll without making me slow to a crawl over speed bumps and potholes.

Let the recommendations commence, and thanks in advance for any advice!
Pergatory is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links