View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 10:21 PM   #2
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
STEPS (Removing parts)

I choose not to paint the parts before I started because I knew that they will get dirty or scuffed while working. Fresh paint is very soft and can scratch or scuff off easily, but its up to you if you decide to paint the parts before installing. Ok here are the steps:

* Remove the screws (with philps screwdriver) and clips that hold the plastic fender lining in place. Try to be easy on the clip, because they can break easily.

* Open your hood to continue with the steps. Take off the two clips that hold the grille in place with the rad supprt. Gently, but firmly, pull the grille up and out of the reinforcement.

* With the philps screwdriver remove the screw that holds the corner lights into place with the headlights. Gently, but firmly, pull out the corner lights.

* You will use the same screwdriver to remove and disconnect your turn signals.

* Now you will notice 10mm bolts (4) holding each headlight onto the car. Two on the side connecting to the fender and two in the front connecting to the rad support, remove these bolts.

* You will notice 10mm bolts (8) that hold the bumper cover to the bumper bracket, remove these bolts. There are also 10mm bolts (2) on each side of the bumper that bolt onto the fender (around where the sidemarkers are). To remove these bolts you need to access them from inside the fender (that why you remove the fender lining first).

* To remove the bumper bracket there are 10mm bolts (6) that hold the bumper bracket in place with the reinforcement and connect to each fender. There are four bolts in the mid section that connects onto the stays, remove these. Now on each side there is one bolt that connects the bracket to the fender, remove these and remove the bumper bracket.

* Now your going to remove the stays. This step may not be necessary, but its help to part out your car to give you an idea of what goes where with the new parts. The stays bolt onto the reinforcement with 10mm bolts (6). There are three for each stay, remove these.

* Now your going to remove the reinforcement, there are 14mm bolts (4) that hold the reinforcement in place to the frame (or cross member) of your car. There are two on each side, the closet of the two bolts will be easy to remove with the rachet. However the far most bolts can be removed with the rachet, but you have to use the 14mm open wrench to completely take them off. This is because of the lack of space to freely use the rachet. I would DOUBLE CHECK to see if the reinforcement can move freely, now slowly slide or pull out the reinforcement.

* To remove the fenders there will be 10mm bolts (18) that hold BOTH fenders to the frame of the car, there are nine bolts for each fender. There are four bolts that hold the fender onto the car from under the hood. Basically when you look at your fenders from the engine bay you will notice bolts holding the fenders onto the car, remove these. To help you with these bolts I recommend you use the 3" extentsion.

* Now look at the side of the car, on the front corner (where the bumper cover connected to the fender) you will notice one bolt that connects to the tie bar (part of your frame) remove that bolt on each side of your car.

* Still looking from the side of your car, look underneath your car where the door meets with the fender or look at the first jack stand point. You will notice two bolts that are bolted onto the frame, remove these bolts. To help you with these bolts I recommended you use the 6" extentsion.

* Now there are two more bolts to remove for each fender. The first one needs to be accessed from inside the fender. The bolt is located at the bottom of the fender closest to the door. This is were the 6" and 3" extentsion COMBINED comes in handy, because you need to have some type of reach to access this bolt and remove it. The last bolt is located at the top of the fender closest to the door. To access this bolt you need to open your door. To remove this bolt you will need to use the 10mm open wrench, remove this bolt and now you can completely remove the fender.

* Now your going to remove the hood, there are 12mm bolts (4) that hold the hood onto the car. I recommended you have a second person to hold the hood for you while you unbolt the hood. I had someone to help me the first time, but the second time I had to do this by myself and it was time consuming. Ok now there are two bolts on each side, be careful and remove one bolt on each side one at a time. Now you can CAREFULLY remove the hood, if it hasn't slide off already. This hood is heavy and the size of it doesn't make it easy to handle at times.