Thread: Motor Oil Tests
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 05:57 AM   #20
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
I think they were running T5 vs T6 in Project farm and there was way more TBNs in T5 and T4 Than T6...... He said it was weird as it was sent for analysis......

Dude... I ran Redline because it was down the street vs. driving like 30 minutes to get amsoil. For Redline after I idle the car to cool the oil down a bit, on shut off, I could still here the turn spinning so freely, its pretty amazing shit..... So now that I can't get redline so close, probably amsoil now hahaha
Yeah sometimes companies will add different/more additive package to their conventional oil because the base oil breaks down much faster, meaning the oil has to lean harder on the additive package. It makes sense to add more alkalinity to a conventional oil so it can resist acid breakdown whereas the synthetic doesn't need as much and will still outlast it because of the superior base stock.

Yeah, it's a great oil IMHO. Group V/IV base stocks, a good dose of moly and ZDDP for anti-wear, plenty of calcium for cleaning. Also ester oil tends to have a slight seal swelling effect. One of the cars I switched over stopped using oil all together and the other it was reduced by quite a bit! I run racing 50wt in my lawn mower (kinda silly I know) and that thing will sit for the entire winter and start first pull every time. A bit anecdotal, but impressive nonetheless.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote