View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 06:58 PM   #12
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
im happy knicks just got payton. we needed a a pf and pg bad. i dunno why the media keeps playing the knicks were the losers in this trade. these are great pick ups.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
Tons of Knicks fans actually wanted randle over kd after his injury. More upside with development and still young at 24. I was in the middle. But, now I'm glad of the choice.

I would still go for kawhi. I doubt Knicks can get him.

I wish Knicks picked up rondo.
I don't think it's media rhetoric as much as it's the Knicks for the past 12 months had a plan. They traded away their future because they planned on getting those 2 guy's. When the time came to pitch them on joining the team, the owner shit the bed like he always does.

I understand looking at things as the glass half full like most fans would as to not feel like crap. However to have such a loaded FA class and come out of it with players like Randle, Taj Gibson etc is a complete failure. There is no other way around it. Yes Randle has upside and could develop into a good player. However when have you ever known the Knicks developing players and keeping them? At his best Randle will be a mid tier player but he will never be at KD's level nor will he be at Kyrie's. Payton is a good player off the bench but again there were far better options on the board at the start of FA.

I have been living in Nyc for the past 4 years and from what I've seen the Knicks biggest problem is the fans. They stick with the team no matter what. MSG is always packed no matter how bad the product is. Because of this Dolan feels vindicated in his horrible management of the franchise. Therefore he goes into the room with with KD and tries to pull a Pat Riley take it or leave it type of deal.