View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 12:35 PM   #1
averyglass
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
averyglass is an unknown quantity at this point
Street Side Silvia

Here goes, my first build thread. I have a 92 Nissan Silvia, I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

To kick it off here is the history on how I got into this car:

I started with this Hootpy that I bought from a local guy. It was disgusting, But I was so excited to get into a car I have watched so many youtube videos and loved so much, that I did not notice a lot of the negatives on the car.
4in' dual fence pipe exhaust on a dual cam, no heat, bald tires, trunk didnt open, car was in a front end collision despite the clean title, etc.

I learned a lot from this car. Despite the mistake I made, I would not take it back.

I somehow managed trading that hootpy for a SR20 S14. This car came with a brand new HKS exhuast, new square wheels with new toyos. It had minor issue with the ebrake cable being siezed and needed a new caliper. Also had a cooling issue where it would start to over heat at a light. But be way to cold while running.

After having some fun with it, I decided I want to start from scratch and do my own build. Not deal with someone else's troubles. I then traded that car for a 89 Single cam with 56k miles, service records, etc.

This is the next day I got it.

Shortly after I got some wheels.

Then life happened.

I only had this car a little less than a year. Im still sad about this car.

Fast forward 6 months and I almost finished build a S14. I bought a 95 shell, Concord Grey, literally everything for for it was in a box and I got a large coffee can full of bolts (Fun).
Only two pictures I have.

Long story short. I spent a whole summer wrenching on the side of the road in the Utah heat. I could get the car running off of starter fluid through the intake, went through 2 or 3 ecus, ended up trading the car. The next owner told me the brand new wiring specialties harness was pinned wrong. So that was a big bummer.

Traded that car for a 91 Toyota Soarer, My first RHD.

This car was so much fun. The most comfortable car I have owned. Did several long distance trips without any trouble.

After a lot of thinking, I decided that the boat had to go. I missed all my S-Chassis and was getting the craving again. I couldnt find any s-chassis that I thought were worth the same value as my soarer that wanted to trade. Eventually word got around about a Silvia sitting in a lot local to me. I did some digging and found the owner and reached out to him. We checked out each others cars and after some talk back and forth he traded me his silvia + a ton of parts that I could sell.

Sorry for the long write up, but that is how I got into the Silvia.

A few days after I got it I was already back in the canyons.

SR20DE Super clean inside and out.

Through all my canyon runs I went through the brakes pretty quick, for some reason I could not find the pads for the calipers on the car. I tried everything from different year s13 pads to maxima and sentra pads. I figured why hassle myself and decided it was time to upgrade them anyway.

CTSV Brakes with Z33 Track Rotors, kinda overkill but these should do great in the canyons.

With that, I had to swap to 5 lug.

Sorry for the terrible photo, only one I can find. Ignore the lamp on the Apexi box.. Included in the photo is Ichiba 5-Lug, Stoptech braided lines, AC Delco pads. All ready to install, just waiting on the CTSV Swap brackets and I need to find some 5 lug wheels.

Found some R33 GTR wheels for a decent price with tires.

After a day of wrenching I got it all 5 lug swapped with the wheels and brakes on.

After a LOT of bleeding and having the girl in the car to pump the brakes it was ready for a drive.

The brakes stop on a dime! The pedal feel just isnt there. Im going to need to figure out what to do for a master cylinder. LHD cars can get a z32 master. Im wondering if I can get a R33, or RHD Z32 master to help with the feel. I am also going to have to figure out something for the rear since I still have the stock ones.

Shortly after the brake swap, the motor blew on my way to work cruising on the freeway. No idea how, nor do I really care, or want to spend the effort on it to find out.

Here is where the car stayed for a few months. Due to the timing in life, I couldn't put much time or money into it for awhile.

Fast forward a few months.
I managed to move out on my own and finally got my own garage.

I can finally start wrenching on the Silvia again.

While looking for the motor we added a new addition to the family.
90 BMW 318is

I love these cars I went through a few E30s before I joined the S-chassis family.

After a lot of searching I was able to find a reasonably priced SR, with a catch.

I had to buy the old Chevy Luv with it.

This probably was a sweet little truck at one point, has a fuel cell in the back, enjuku tune, Apexi SAFC, Meth injected, tons of other parts.

The guy I got it from was super cool. Said back in the day he was sponsored by FRsport. Not sure what he used the truck for, sounded like a little bit of everything. He started it up for me, apart from bad gas it sounded pretty good.

This is where I will leave it for now, still waiting on parts in the mail and I have to get a engine hoist, It is currently ready to pull.
More to come..
averyglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links