View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 10:00 PM   #27
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
I apologize for the delay in updates. Got a bit backed up with house projects and now that those are mostly over, my brother and I got back to the Kouki.

We mocked up the brand new OEM Kouki headlights and Autech grill. Considering we have three OEM grills, this one will be switched out regularly since my blue Kouki has the same grill.

Similar to the blue Kouki, we decided to undercoat the chassis while all of the suspension was off. This meant pulling down the fuel tank and removing all small bolts/brackets from the underbody with the exception of the fuel lines.

I like using Simple Green when it comes to degreasing car parts. It's easy to wash off and doesn't stain plastics like some of the other degreasers I've used over the years. We sprayed down the entire underside and used stiff brushes to remove any dirt/grime and finished it up with my pressure washer.

We set up a drop cloth and sprayed the entire underbody using 3M professional grade rubberized undercoating. I absolutely loved how it came out on the blue Kouki and I felt the extra effort would be worth the trouble on this car.

Tomorrow, we'll be installing all of the sound deadening in the chassis and putting back together both doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Crimson, car looks great. What color is that if I may ask?
Radiant Red Metallic from Lexus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
that car looks lickable!
take notes, kids.
Hah, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
since youre not shaving the engine bay and filling in all the OEM holes, what are you going to be doing to plug up all the small holes in the engine bay? Drop a part # if you can, Id love to grab me some too
Reusing all of the factory plugs. They were in decent shape and other than giving them a quick wash, they'll be going right back on. This isn't a show car by any means and it will be driven quite a bit.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote