View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 05:37 AM   #22
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
mostly it boils down to the cost of making ABS plastic parts. theyre very expensive mold wise as its a high pressure injection system which requires the use of VERY expensive machinery, metal molds, clamps and high quantity runs.

i make exterior restoration pieces. FRP side skirts and valances, urethane lip, urethane fender extensions. i have a few urethane based exterior parts coming out for the S14 as well.

ive been looking into bringing out some interior restoration pieces for the S13 as well, but the first parts i wanted to start with are difficult and i need to find a vendor who can make them.

again man, you need to realize that the 240sx scene in general NOW is cheap... and people like me who make parts want a return on their investment. i run my business very carefully in that i have ZERO debt. i wont put something into production until i can afford the molds with cash that i have. it takes longer, but it keeps me from getting into any trouble with owing people money i dont have. other businesses run their rules differently, but the point im trying to make is... ROI is EXTREMELY important and most people wont invest money into something as expensive as metal stamps for fenders or ABS plastic based molds without a guarantee that they will see their money back on the investment.
exactly, as i say millennial generation are the ones who became cheap

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote