View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 08:31 AM   #4253
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSled View Post
Can anyone with knowledge of ssr sp1 give me some specs for purchasing a new set of wheels , have brembo 6 piston cvts in the front, can change to fiberglass fender, work meister s1 3p 18x9.5 +12 was a perfect fitment ,but the rear is still stock metal fenders with a 25 mm role and pull ,not interfering with rear fenders ,not gonna cut them ,want 18's ,let's see what you've got !
So you're running the evo 8 rotor up front with the CTSV caliper, correct? That's going to be a tight fit. I did a mock up in my living room and took some photos for reference for you.

My fronts are 18's with the medium disk, paired with plain-jane PSM 30mm Z32 calipers and rotors (11"). I've got plenty of clearance from the back of the face to the caliper, but as someone else mentioned, the issue will be running a larger rotor setup. You can see in the pic that there is a few inches to go, but hotboy wheels aren't meant for giant brakes. An SP1's disk is just about 16.5" for an 18" wheel, so trying to run a 12.5" evo rotor and those huge CTSV calipers, thing's are going to get pretty tight. I was doing some reading awhile back on Brembo's tech pages, and they recommended at least 3mm of clearance from anything around the caliper. I'm assuming that it's either for some thermal expansion, or just so smaller rocks don't become an issue. Some guys follow that sort of thing, some guys don't..up to you.