Old 07-28-2012, 07:44 AM   #49
40flash
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
40flash is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost8lives View Post
thanks to the dude 40Flash Irax and eveyone.. using this thread my 1995
240SX VQ35DE swap starts. but i still have a long way to go any help with this will be great....

ok it will run and revup and idel... then i cut it off try to start it again and the throttle motor is not working cut it off clear the MIL codes and back to normal next time same thing ???

I think it may have to do with the fact that I dont have the trottle motor (or ECU) Relay wired in (just running them both right to a hot wire) but i cant get em to work I tryed wiring em in. I put the ECU relay in and wired it to wire 111 in on the ground side of the relay but i dont think that it is supplying ground. If I ground the ECU relay wire out on the body the relay clicks tryed wiring a relay in for the throttle motor to the ground on wire 104 and same deal i can only guess that the ECU is not getting ground but I have all the ground wires that i know of grounded????

this is how i am wiring the ECU relay in. any help or suggestions please?
If I am correct in asuming we are talking about using the stock 240sx ECU relay to power our 350z ECU then be sure to look at the 240sx FSM section EC page 85. On it I believe you will see that relay ports 2 and 5 are the ones that connect to the 12V hot wire F3 plug terminal 17, not 1 & 5 as shown in the above diagram. Number 1 goes to 111 on the ECU which appears to be the ground for the coil side of the relay. Number 3 on the relay goes to 119 & 120 which are 12v hot not grounds. When the relay is closed 119 and 120 are fed 12V directly from the fuse box and are not grounds.
Please compare 240sx FSM section ec page 85 to 350z FSM section ec page 138 to see the 350z ECU relay wiring. The 240sx and 350z ECM relays mirror each other in wiring and function. Only big difference I see is the size of the fuses that feed them. (on page 85 the feed from the battery says pin 9. It's 9 on m63 side and 17 on the F3 side of that connection.)
Check it out and let me know what you think.
40flash is offline   Reply With Quote