View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 09:44 PM   #14
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Hmm it depends what the bolt is made of vs the housing.

IF the bolt material have higher coefficient of expansion it would get tighter, I think, when heated

somebody look up and compare all the common materials i.e. cast iron, steel, iron, derivatives of each, composites, and compare their coefficients of expansion and consider the most common materials that bolts are made of plus whatever is available (inconel for example) and let us know the results,

I am way to busy to do that atm

it raises an interesting question of bolt behavior at various expansion rates in our typical situations which I have never had an issue with (just use high quality fasteners and done) but if you want an actual answer thats a potential pathway
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote