View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #8
akamal92
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
akamal92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Update'ss

so my sob story starts here where i have finally finished this car got my rb running perfect and im driving one of my friends out to my painter to drop the his car off to get beautified. So we get to my painter (Clay the man) and talk shit for a little and drop off my friends s2000 and we leave. On the way home we start to smell something burning we pull over open the hood check it out no burning so we continue to drive home AND BOOOM THE CAR SHUTS OFF

I didnt know what had happened so i coast it to an under pass and open the hood and try to crank the car over but it sound like i had no compression. so i took the front bumper off and towed the car home upset and in depression i loved this thing to death and it turned heads everywhere i went. I hoped for the best when i got home and i found the worst. my greddy timing belt shredded away causing my valves to bend and loose all compression i did not know what to do as this was my daily beauty that i took care of like a princess she was.

As you can see in the picture that all i had left of it when i got it to the shop to tear it apart and pull this motor out and get a new one in there. But at that point i came across a crazy deal to buy a 1996 honda civic as a daily to drive around while i build it back. But this is the first time i have had another car to drive while i build mine. i used to have to bum rides before and hurry up and finish the car. So it hit me it was time to build my dream for my self because now i have the time and the money to do it right and stop the bullshit. My first objective was to get my shitty bay looking right and get it tubbed out by my painter (Clay hmu for his number if you need quality work)
Here are some pics of the engine removal process and tubbing proccess.
I even bought a brand new oem nissan core support because mine was rusted out and it was old you will see in the pictures the new support welded on.

Pulled the scrap metal

Started to strip the parts out of it and pull the whole engine room harness as i replaced it due to the issues of it being cut up.

Cleaned it up under there to get it ready for the my painter to do his magic

Loaded Her Up to head to the shop

So i dropped her off with clay to do his magic on it and he sent me updates religiously but he knows i was very anxious to see this was my first 240sx to have tubs and i always wanted it done one day so here is some progress of how the tubs went.

First thing he did was chop out the wells and the rusted core support
and start mocking up the new tubs

I went kinda crazy with all the holes i wanted to fill in i was texting him almost everyday to tell him new stuff to do with it so it took longer then i wanted but it came out really nice but heres some more progress

Tubs Welded in solid and will be smoothed out

Then he primed both sides and started to block them out with the new oem core support tacked back in to make sure everything was in line

Then he got it ready for paint and set it in the booth and sent me this teaser picture

I was really excited to see the final result of it and he knew so he stayed late that night to finish it up and get it done and i woke up to these pictures waiting on my phone to surprise me.

I was like WOW it was a nice wake up call I couldnt wait to see it in person.