View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
akamal92
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
akamal92 is an unknown quantity at this point
RB Andrew K's 240sx to 180sx Build/Restoration

So my dream was always to have an almost 100% perfect converted 240sx to
180sx but still be LHD. My car started out like almost all 240sx's out there stock white with the wing on it 4 lug and automatic with only 1 owner. That i picked up for a steal of $1200 bucks. The owner had no idea what he let me get myself into. thus car was going to go under a fine knife and be refined to the key. But my plan did not go as i wanted because i lost my job and i had to but the complete restoration on hold and i kinda lost sight of my plan at the begging. But as the months of no job went on i spent hours on hours on the internet to find my perfect setup and i went in like for 180sx look full force when i finally got another job at the local Nissan dealer in the area called Reed Nissan in Orlando, Fl. Where i got most of all the parts i need to get this thing rolling full force.
The car looked like this the day i picked her up all stock wonderful.

My plan was to put an rb25 in it first and paint the bay. Which is what i did and it looked like this. Now this RB25 had all the works the bolt on rb25 would need that i did such as freddy intake mani, arp headstuds, cometic headgasket and upper gasket set, new timing setup, ect ect. But it wasnt right when i started it due to some wiring issues

Then i bought a set of isis coils and rota grids to start it off. And threw on a pig nose front and lip because i just hate the shark nose look.

so i drove the car for a couple of week and it drove underboost fine but never drove in boost okay and felt as powerfull as it should. It came out okay and i was happy with the swap but it never ran right due to a Shop in Winter Garden Florida called Rohtech Motorsports where we did the swap at. He made it look really good under the hood and painted everything but he did something with my harness that i never could get away from causing it runn lean and rich all the time. Untill i got it under control with an AFC Neo. And replacing all the electronics on it like cam angle sensor, coilpacks, ecm, coolant temp, and maf because wiring had these things breaking one after another.

Now that i had it running okay i can start to focus on buying all my 180sx goodies, 5-lug, BC coils and paint for this bad boy.

So i started by selling off the isis coils and wheels and getting my BC coils i was so happy with them but they did not go as low as i wanted so i got swift springs for the front to go lower.

Then i got my first 180sx item which was the front bumper with lights turn signals and extensions but no brackets so i had to rig it up but i hated the fitment. Because my hood latch was all fudged up. Ohh and i got a set of some xxr's just because i always wanted them.

Then i got started on my 5 lug and 300zx brake setup and new wheels which are Miro 398's 18x9.5+15 up front and 18x10.5+17 in the rear and i fell in love with the car again.

After this i picked up a ForceWerks front lip and some oem 180sx Chuki side skirts but i only for a short period of time my OEM 180sx Type-X were on order just waiting on those god damn japs to send them over.

And then one day i came into work and i had a surprise that the parts department guy(Dave) told me he had my 180sx Kouki taillights in stock finally
So i got em and had to put them on the same day

Here is pic of a meet my car was at for a meet called V2labs Mystery Meet in Orlando

Then I got my brand new 180sx Type-x side skirts and 180sx Type-X wing
and decided i needed to go and get this thing painted by the best painter in the state of Florida his name is Clay(same guy who painted Brett Levans Teal 180sx.) and if you want his number PM me.
He took this car in and made it something that people looked at all the time he fixed all the dents and dings and made it his own special thing and i choose the coolest color for a Type-X ever RED

He started by ripping it apart and smoothing it all out fixing the dents from the rear pull.

After that he pulled the doors and hatch and started to prime the body and smooth it out.

Then i left him alone for a couple weeks and then i came back and it was ready to roll but the wing was not ready. But i absolutely loved the car and way it looked.

Once the wing was ready i had to go back and get it put on and i found a friends car there chillin so had to sanp a quick picture

But i love the wing it finishes it off so well.

Next to come is the sad story to this build but a New chapter in the restoration phase stay tuned. Every thing above was the first year i had the car and what did untill the unthinkable happened but unleashed the perfectionist monster inside of me where i am no going HAM lol. I will post pictures and details of that in the next hour. I am basically trying to catch up everything if what i did to get the point of where i am at today. Hope you guys enjoy