View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 08:34 AM   #23029
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyced View Post
Anyone here have experience with the gktech Bolt-on/slip-on rack spacer combo on an S13?

I have an s13 with s14 knuckles and I'm wondering if I will run out of adjustment threads for the tie rod ends if I have to cut the rods. I'm only about to start drifting, would 2 slip on spacers be better?
Bolt on rack spacer goes on passenger side, slip-on on the driver side. Don't combine the two it's pointless (ie slip on rack spacers on to of bolt ons).

You shouldn't run out of threads, i've done it on multiple cars. Just make sure err on the side of too long first instead of cutting them too short the first time then you need new tie rods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyced View Post
By 2 slip ons I meant 1 per side. As opposed to 1 slip on/1 bolt on.
There's no reason to do this. The rack won't physically travel far enough to use more than the prescribed combination. (Bolt on passenger side/slip on driver side)
If you cycle the rack to lock each direction with nothing bolted to it you will see that the additional travel available is exactly the thickness of those spacers. The passenger side travels further into the rack housing thus the "longer" bolt on spacer is used on that side.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote