View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 07:07 AM   #2
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I wouldn't think they are interchangable because of the VTC oiling passages to say the least. I know the 13 intake manifold wont fit a 14 because one is a 'high' port and the other is low.

Theres probably a way to block the vtc passage on a 14 block in order to use a 13 head. Just guessing though. But I would never try that- its not worth building something, spending all that time and effort just to have a tiny oil passage screw the engine over.

If you want to attempt an sr rebuild (even I am starting to think about this) The way I would recommend do it (The way Im going to do it anyways) Is get a couple complete longblocks that are still in decent shape, running, that had GOOD AIR FILTERS ON THEM (most important part, try to find one that kept a PAPER element filter, I know, dreaming) but with high mileage and low compression. That way you have every single part to start with, and you know there is nothing wrong with the engine. Then, perform a detailed break down inspection for any nuisances inside it/them, choose the cleanest looking engine, and do an FSM based rebuild with minimal to no machine work.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote