View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 05:36 AM   #7799
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Comeon post all the details man! Those look great.
So for the fronts, I used the Z1 Motorsports akebono to z32 brackets. The GK caliper mounting ears are thinner than OEM, requiring spacers. l found 5.5mm thick washers that were perfect. 12mm ID and 30mm OD, they're the same width at the mounting ears. The 11mm of spacing centered the caliper perfectly.

For the rear, I initially tried using Z1's rear adapter, but it wasn't going to fit. I started messing with it, and soon realized it looked rather close trying to mount it directly to the knuckle. I used the lower opening of the upper mounting ear and an M10 bolt passing through from the front of the caliper. Then on the lower mounting ear, I filed open the bottom hole (I checked with GK for structural safety) to use an M12 threading into the caliper. For rotor centering I used a 2mm wheel spacer behind the rotor and it's perfect. Another option is machining 2mm from the caliper itself, but I opted for moving the rotor. Even with the spacer, there's still plenty of hub sticking out for the wheel to sit on.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10+ using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote