View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 10:15 PM   #3
strat.attack13

Trader Rating: (0)
strat.attack13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Seeing as you haven't drifted the car at all yet, I personally don't think you need to be worrying about angle kits at this point. Focus on all the other aspects of the car first. Then when the car is drivable/driftable, do a set of tie rod spacers, and possibly modify the bump stops on the stock knuckle/lca's. You can gain a decent amount of angle this way and its a perfect way to start getting used to drifting the car BEFORE adding a big angle kit.
I’ve driven the car for a while now. I’m going to be tearing the car down as soon as my 5sgte celica is back up and running, so I’ve been planning the build before I start. I’m trying to save myself the hassle later.

The biggest issue with the z for drifting is the angle, or lack there of. Stock, it had less than a factory s13, and even with some light mods, it still hasn’t been super sufficient, especially when this car is going to eventually be a pro am car. That’s why in the next build stage I plan to do a full suspension rebuild so I never have issues with the stock suspension limiting my alignment, the suspension geometry and certainly not the angle ever again.

Thanks!
strat.attack13 is offline   Reply With Quote