Thread: F1 2022 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2023, 06:35 PM   #63
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
the 2023 Miami GP was literally so boring that my wife and I fell asleep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Miami was equally as boring.
You guys are trippin. The midfield was a flurry of activity. The Mag/Lec battle was exciting (and Max overtaking both of them into turn 1). Lewis clawing his way from 13th to 6th was cool to see as well. Just because the front is stagnant doesn't mean it's boring. Hell, even Baku was thrilling with the lap-after-lap wall-skimming and the RB's pushing each other faster and faster.

Compared to the previous regs, where staying in the wake of a car ahead longer than 2 laps meant certain death, these races seem to have been action-packed. Or maybe I'm just being an optimist...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Ferrari and Mercedes have zero response to Red Bull and their overall speed.

Makes me suspect Las Vegas will be just as boring with that incredibly long straight.
Everyone was saying "big changes coming at Baku" and now it's "big changes coming at Imola." We'll see if that lack of wind tunnel time ever ends up having an impact on RBR. Seems like they're too far ahead to catch without the FIA's intervention tbh. If the cost cap wasn't an issue there's no doubt Ferrari and Mercedes would be on par.