View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #130
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
I agree and support this theory. My argument was the Cali Polices' explanation for gunning down a random black kid is just as bad.

I suspect they pulled up to a "suspicious black youth with a backpack" and yelled "hey you / freeze", he turns around not knowing what is going on and

*pop pop-pop pop pop*

The group of storm troopers mow him down not knowing who short first or even why they shot "everyone just started shooting"..

Ten minutes latter "uh, I thought he was going for a gun".

Happens a lot quite frankly. Pigs get all pumped up, one gets startled and they all dump their magazines.
And for MOST of this, I agree with you, with the exception of this being (perhaps the only one) the time where - if they legitimately thought this was the guy - they had reason to believe he was armed. Now, if they were just randomly approaching any black dude in the area and harassing, then yes, I am with you 100%.
Unfortunate case of wrong place/wrong time, which will turn into a muddled mess of he-said/she-said and eventually end in the screwjob of the victim.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote