View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 03:31 PM   #109
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Just making a random post about my thoughts on what I need to do next...

I'm in the middle of vinyl wrapping the car. All the little things are starting to come together. After my motor is converted to speed density and dynoed I should be in a good spot for reliability and power on demand...

A few idea's on what to do next:

1.) I really need to get an oil cooler. I am not sure what brand to go with, I may just opt for Mishimoto. I want a thermostat controlled oil plate with a big oil cooler. Tracks like Evergreen, PARC, Villains Sportsland and Spirit Peaks allow hot lapping. At Evergreen, I can tell my motor doesn't like hot lapping more then 4 laps. Oil cooler should help it's temperament.

2.) I've put it off as long as possible, but a roll cage one of the next big purchases I need. Unfortunately, I don't feel like my interior is not where I want it. If I get a roll cage, I really want to dump the grey carpet for a new black carpet. I want to restore the interior as much as I can with a roll cage.

3.) I need to re-fiberglass my type3 front fender that blew up. I've also considered buying a new set of Type 3's and have the old fenders as back ups.

4.) I obviously need a bash bar

5.) Next spring I am considering buying all fiberglass body kit and getting real paint.

6.) While I was under my car installing the Z33 axles, I realized why my exhaust is so quiet. My mid pipe has a high flow resonator in it! I was thinking about swapping to straight pipe.

The next steps will only come if I can sustain a reliable motor. My exterior really needs to be cleaned up.