View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 09:50 PM   #95
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdb View Post
Another FYI (sorry i know). I'm using the GP Sports Hyper knuckle right now, and because it spaces the lower control arm and the spindle it added a bit of negative camber. It's likely that during compression the front suspension cambers inward, and by fixing the roll center it's added much negative camber. This could take a toll if your camber plates are out of adjustment which doesn't allow you to run less negative camber. Currently I'm stuck running 1.8' negative camber and out of adjustment.
Found this in a Sport Compact Car article:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Compact Car
On MacPherson strut-equipped cars, the wheel will gain negative camber under roll as long as the lower control arm is positioned less than 90 degrees relative to the strut axis. Unfortunately, many enthusiasts with MacPherson strut-equipped cars lower their cars too much and make this angle greater than 90 degrees. Beyond 90 degrees, the suspension will gain positive camber instead of negative as it compresses, significantly compromising grip

I don't know why it would be a problem, as gaining negative camber in a corner is good. Do you mean if you have already adjusted your camber plates to run a lot of negative camber, then correct your roll center, your car will run too much camber in corners?

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote