View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 11:11 PM   #7
jzxfanboy
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (0)
jzxfanboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah for sure. I had a JZX100 Tourer V Mark 2 with the original 5 speed and it was the best ever. I sure do miss it. I ran into some financial issues which it took upon me to having to sell my jzx. Now I'm in the market for another one, but It's hard finding one like what I had. Lots of them have high KM's and they aren't in the best of shape. However, jz motors withstand abuse I must say. I was looking at the option of getting an auto in mint shape and doing the swap to R154 at my buddies shop, but we'll see. Straight out manual is always the best. Love these cars for sure. Miss the S-Chassis at times, but can't be happy to be in a saloon that's got the balls to back it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p33g View Post
I would definitely hold out for a 5spd one, the auto shifts pretty well iirc but the 5spd swap adds up quickly especially with the rising price of r154s. On the other hand if you have access to a reasonably price tranny and the parts needed to do the swap it isn't terrible hard but does take time ( a friend of mine just did his last season). if the opportunity comes up to get a 5spd one I would jump on it, best cars ever.
jzxfanboy is offline   Reply With Quote