View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 08:13 AM   #200
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel mkiv View Post
1. ok so i have a 91 auto 240sx and ima do a s13 sr20 swap....so since im doin a auto to 5speed swap with a sr20 tranny do i use my old auto tranny speed sensor since you need the usa ka speed sensor because of the mph and kilometers difference..right?

2. also what exacly do i need to keep from the ka24de for the swap..from what i know i need to keep the alternator, speed sensor, and lower engine harness...what else..
my bro used this when he did his swap. its a wiring guide but has what you need listed and has nice pics. SR20DET Swap Engine Harness Wiring Diagram Guide SR SR20

Quote:
Originally Posted by udon! View Post
i just looked at a car for sale.

after i come back from a testdrive, the coolant tank was overflowing.

the guy said it was because it had extra coolant in it and that the motor was freshly rebuilt, so it runs hotter as of right now.

is it true that a freshly rebuilt engine (ka24e) will run hotter than normal untill broken in?
if the coolant is over filled initially, it will overflow until it reaches the correct level. the system gets hot, coolant expands, pushes out what won't fit, and that may cause it to slightly overflow. was the car over heating? it sounds a bit fishy. my rebuild ka24de wasn't running REALLY hot after the first startup and certainly wasn't boiling over.