View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 05:30 PM   #109
RVAE34
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
RVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really nice
Haven't update in a while but ran into some roadblocks. First of all the wheels will not allow for the Z32 brakes. There is only about 1.7" of clearance between the rotor surface and the back of the spoke. Neither front or rear came close. Even the stock front Z31 caliper rubs ever so slightly so I am going to plan on using the Wilwood D52 slimline 2 pot's. I now need to find someone to make the brackets. Second issue is the Z31 upper mount does not line up with S14 bottom mount for my coilovers. The angle is off. Not sure if it's because I am using the rear drop spindle. I adjusted the arms to get it to at least bolt in place but the upper hat wouldn't come flush with the shock tower and the camber was positive. Seems the best option would be to have the upper shock tower modified with a new top section. If I could source one from S13/14 car, that would be even better. The new one will have to be angled slightly. Lot of work for all this but should be worth it in the end to have the drastically improved rear S14 suspension.

My RB26 has the new Supertech valve guides and Tomei beryllium copper valve seats in place. Port and polish begins this weekend. I hope to update with some photos soon.
RVAE34 is offline   Reply With Quote