View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 08:57 PM   #121
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashjust4kix View Post
(I know this is an old ? but I wanted to clarify)

Actually, it's possible but far from ideal. I had to do that recently when we were in a time crunch to get on the track,and couldn't fab a whole set of housings in time. you only gain roughly 1/2" of bump travel over stock I believe, the tire clearance is far from great, and no off-the-shelf gland nuts are cut in a thread that will work with a stock housing i.d.- something needs to be made. However, if you're realy hurting for cash and can make some of your own parts, they will fit and work pretty well if you don't go too low.

Just thought I'd throw the info out there.
Do they fit in the stock strut tube? I never tried(haven't had set of stock struts for a LONG time). Good to hear they can work. You could always get an off the shelf pipe die and bushing, but those are usually a bit pricey in that size, and pretty heavy.
Sponsored Links