View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 09:22 PM   #123
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
You know ICE was created in 2003, right?

The US wasn't some open border wild west in 2002.

Just like DHS was created in 2002.

This stuff literally didn't exist when all of us posting in this thread were sentient human beings.
What Corbic said.

Quote:
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement was formed pursuant to the Homeland Security Act of 2002, following the events of September 11, 2001. With the establishment of the Department of Homeland Security, the functions and jurisdictions of several border and revenue enforcement agencies were combined and consolidated into U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Consequently, ICE is the largest investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security, and the second largest contributor to the nation's Joint Terrorism Task Force.
Since that act ICE is in charge of protecting the borders. I acknowledged there are issues with ICE. However, we will always need some type of border enforcement.

Even Sweden enacted border control

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...gration-policy

With current potus it seems he is focusing on overall numbers vs deporting actual criminals.

I think this (and the media) is why everyone has a thing about trumps deportation policy.

I like the way Obama went about deportation.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...r-chief-or-not

I get it that people who have lived here illegally for years are breaking the law however so is everyone that buys weed from any “legal” pot shop.

I think Trump should focus on recent border crossings and anyone with a criminal history.

If someone has been here years, has kids, no criminal record imo let’s pas them up for the person who is affiliating with MS13.

I also wish the potus and ICE would target the companies that hire illegals. Heavy fines and or jail time.