View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 11:39 AM   #13
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by corby_baby View Post
sweet car OP, it would be a shame if you blew it up.
Trolololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
this car is cool!
Thank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonesfreak2010 View Post
curious about those japanese emojis... lol also, how big is that garage? Loving the build so far.
Garage is big enough for 1 car lol pretty small.

Well after 2 drift events, my motor started knocking. The 2014 season had just ended and I wasn't worried about it because the SR that I bought was pretty cheap. So my original plan was to part out my motor (Had s15 turbo, cool manifold, Enthalpy Tune, S13.4 valve cover, ect) and my car to put in a S15 SR20 and get GT1 aero. I had a got into contact with Shine Auto for a replica GT1 get, I bought the GT1 wing from YAJ and I had sold all my Type X aero.

But then GTR Garage posted a Silver HCR32 Skyline with a RB25DET swap, coilovers, clutch, ect. for about $8000 imported. With that, the gears started to turn in my head and I began to crunch out the numbers. After doing the math, it would actually be cheaper to just part out my S13 to buy a Skyline than it was to put more money into the car. So thats I got into contact with GTR Garage and worked out the details with what I was looking for.

The Part Out began, I sold everything S13 I had. I still had my 350z at the time so I just told everyone that I was going to build my 350z now. I wanted to keep the Skyline a secret. So I sold the chassis, motor, every little thing so I had all the money I needed for a Skyline.

The owner of my S13 came back a week later to get a few more parts lol

Within a week, GTR Garage sent me some info about a black 4 door Skyline that was about to hit the auctions. They were going to buy it regardless if I wanted it or not but I knew that I wanted this one. It had pretty much the basic things I requested. Aero, Coilovers, 2-way, Clutch and stock motor. I wanted something reliable and cool looking.

Well they won the auction within my budget so I was ecstatic. But then GTR Garage offered me a sponsorship because they knew I was going to be drifting this car in the TXSL series and they wanted to spread business to the drifting community. I didn't know what to think. I was pretty much shocked that they offered me the opportunity. We discussed the details, saved me some money on the car and I went to YAJ to start buying things I wanted for the Skyline.

I had to wait for about 3 months for the Skyline to arrive to Texas because I had bought the car in December of 2014 but the Skyline was manufactured in February of 1990 so the Skyline couldn't arrive until February 2015. When it arrived, I went down to the port and drove it home.

When I got it home, I changed all the fluids, put in my Zeta that I had kept from my S13 part out and looked over everything.

After all the fluids were changed, installed my Ganadors (S13 fit on R32) and I had a seat that I could actually fit i, it was time to take it to the car wash. The engine bay was pretty dirty.

Next thing was to change out the wheels. The stock wheels could be kept because they werent cool but all the wheel that I bought were on a container coming in from Japan so my friends let me borrow some wheels that they had laying around.

I'll stop here for today. Thanks for reading!