View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 07:07 AM   #92
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I got the correct sized rotors in yesterday.

Before I wrapped things up last weekend I swapped the pads with the wear indicator to the back sides of the calipers so I am no longer scoring a ring into the rotor on the drivers side.

I had an hour between getting home and when I had to leave for class so I started right away throwing on the new rotors. It took me about 35 minutes which I thought was alright so I was pretty excited, like yeahhh Im going to get to drive my 240 tonight for the first time in like 2 months.

As Im pulling out of the parking spot, when I turn the wheel I definitely feel/hear the tires rubbing, I guess my weight is just enough to drop it too far -- ohh well, guess Ill have to work on relocating that body harness, hammering up that metal lip, and renting the fender roller again and actually using it this time.

I go to park in a different spot. Step on the brakes. Nothing lol. Before I had a chance to grab my e-brake I was up and over the parking spot block thing. Fffffffffffff. Cracked my SE lip and tore it right off.

After I finished cursing myself mentally I pumped the brakes a few times and it got some feeling back. I did a couple "reverse - stop - forward - stop"s and the brakes seemed to be working alright but I didnt want to do a more thorough test and risk slicing up my brand new tires.

I feel pretty stupid sometimes. Anyone else have this many issues with their car?

EDIT:
Picking up kouki skirts tomorrow
Ordered some kouki rear valances yesterday
Moving right along!
Still waiting on my tomei turbo outlet, ordered it around 02/13 from enjuku and they said back-ordered for 3-4 weeks................................
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote