View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 05:50 PM   #14
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Herein lies the problem and it goes as far back as WWI. The Brirish Empire was shrinking and they set out a mandate to divide up the Arab world territories they held which did include present day Israel. Now the whole mandate was kind of crazy in the first place because a lot of the Arabs, Palestinians, Iraqis etc... Where City states and Nomads. much of Isreal / Palestine was exactly that combo.

Iraq for example should not exist as a country because it consists of three separate factional regions , Shite territories, Sunni Territories and Kurdistan. The only reason it was a country was because it was held together by a totalitarian dictator.

Now Jerusalem happens to be one of the few places that before then end of WWII was home to Jewish, Islamic and Christians that lived alongside each other in peace. Though the Islamics did have there Mosque on the mount atop the ruins of the Jewish ancient Temple.

None the less there were Jews in this region at the time and there were radical Zionist Jews that did engage in random terrorist activity for the sake of re establishment of an Israeli homeland. I don't want to hear arguments against this either because several early Israeli statesmen were actually part of these groups prior to statehood and that is a documented fact.

Needless to say at the end of WWII when what was left of the Jewish concentration camp victims were released honestly and this is a bit said to say no country really wanted to take on the burden of these displaced people. A majority of who had no home to go back to nor desire to go back to where they had been torn from. Under the British Mandate , the allies were able to carve out the state of Israel which at that point was not a part of any country per se and was populated by Nomadic peoples. The first two things that happened though was the newly created Arab countries and the kingdoms who were for the most part Islamic immediately decided not to recognize Israel as a country and to all but declare war out right.

Originally Israel had agreed to let Arabs and Palestinians live in Israel, but the minute hostilities broke out the new Israeli's started getting concerned about this population and this population started feeling uncomfortable and started leaving Israel. Problem was the Arab countries did not want the Palestinians and stuck them in refugee camps not allowing citizenship in their countries either.
Hence the escalation of the situation. Now without getting into to much more explanation there would be several short wars in the end with the Israeli becoming the victors and annexing the North bank, Golan Eights, Gaza Strip.
Problem with this is these were not mandate designated territories for the state of Israel. They were Israel's claim to the truthful actual ancient Israel thereby creating a whole other issue. Now some of these territories they were supposed to give back but what they would do is bulldoze whatever was there and build there own settlements on disputed land. The idealogical idea behind this being " once we have established our own towns we will have a reason and excuse not to give it up. I should add that if they did they would bulldoze the settlements before leaving.

It's all a lot of political one up man ship. While I consider them our allies I do feel they do not help their own situation. Can I blame them? They do live a state of constant alertness if not terror for the rights to their country.

Do I support the Palestinian claim that it was the Palestinians country before? No they were a Nomadic population that knew no boundaries.
Do they deserve a state today? Sure, if they can ever hammer out an actual solid government to run it. Which I don't think they can.

Thereby leading to my previous statement and elaborating on it to say both sides are letting the crazies run the show to a certain extent. The only difference being the Israeli tend to be more educated and with education brings rationale and less crazy.

Radical Islamists seek out the poor and uneducated because they are easily influenced and have nothing to lose and only hope to gain. They promise this hope and sell it down the river.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote