View Single Post
Old 08-14-2022, 05:02 PM   #132
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
In all honesty, I'd say yes. This year with the gas prices i've been doing a lot less aimless driving, and trying to tackle some stuff that isn't big projects, but satisfying. I re-wired my fuel pump hat so my speedhut gauge is more accurate, and in the last month I added an IAC back, as well as fixed my horn and it feels like a whole new car to me. Sometimes the small wins are bigger than we think.
Everyone always says the last 10% takes 90% of the time to complete and man is that the realest thing I have ever experienced. I feel like I lost interest a while ago and while I know I'm going to hate myself for giving up its whats happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
This happens so many times; the car crosses the line of being a borderline OK to drive car, to just uncomfortable. no AC. No heat and it tires you out quickly

That was one of the reasons why I didn't bother to rebuild the VET Z32 when it blew. The heat from the exhaust alone made tranny tunnel so hot, it would melt the adhesive from the heat shield and would melt it onto the tunnel.

It would have required a very high infusion of cash to get the heat under control and I just didn't have the heart

I feel ya man!
That line between street car and race car is very vague, honestly I am not sure when I lost track of it and how I got this deep. The heat is just one of the many little things that kill me every time I drive the car. Its a blast and puts a smile on everyone's face who I take for a rip, stepping back from it I like what I see, but when I really think about my future with it I see nothing but headache to achieve the car I've dreamt of and tried to build.

I have a hard time and half assing anything, I know if I decide to go down the route of perfecting the whole car I'll just end up deeper in and at the end of the day still have just an S13 to show for all of that work. Maybe I've just been chasing hype all this time, but I can admit that and realize that its time to move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
A few hundred bucks with some headershield heat barrier would solve that today. Seems a shame to put a car away just because of that.
Man if it were only that easy. I have tried justifying to myself its worth the work, its worth the money, its worth the headache, but its not. This car has taught me so much and I will retain those lessons as I move focus back to my Z32. As much as I love a challenge, I should have kept it simple... Guess I am stupid lmao