View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 04:22 PM   #44
Chopaholic
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Chopaholic is an unknown quantity at this point
I have been neglecting this slightly, life once again getting in the way and stealing all my time. But I do have an update!!!

Leading on from above, heat is a massive thing when you have the turbo on the same side as the fluids, so in a battle to try and stop my brake/clutch fluid from boiling I have made a custom bottle which mounts in a position where the bonnet closes, maintaining some gravity so the fluid can still get to the cylinders. A bit shit not being able to see the level of fluid but should hopefully work a treat. My TIG work is still not as neat as I would like, but its welded and I am learning every time I work with any aluminium.

Next challenge, radiator, from previous posts you may have seen that my fancy under slam panel radiator was just not cutting it if I wanted to run the viscous fan (A must on JZ swapped Sbody) so I had to do the horrible horrible job of cutting a nice freshly painted slam panel to make some space, cutting up an S15 aint cool for anyone who is wondering. I still need to get some rubber edging to finish it and protect the radiator from the edges.

Going back to the stock water neck meant I needed to do a little bit of modification, the holset does not require a water feed, so the TIG was out again, cut the pipe off, made a little blank with 5mm aluminium and then welded the blank in.

This is the part I have been dreading, wiring, I can do it, but sometimes with lots of shit going on it gets confusing, so I have been taking my time, double and triple checking to make sure everything is in the right order. It still is not finished, but I have made the coilpack loom, pinned up the ECU plugs with all the wiring and will soon be starting to terminate all the brand new connectors to the engine. Been using the HPA videos online for some guidance, really love how some of the crimps and glue lined heat shrink have turned out.

Managed to grab these for a total steal on eBay, couldn't quite believe I was the only bidder on them. Wilwood Calipers, DB Conversion adapters, 330 discs and braided lines.

And last but not least, a shout out to the local Indian for pretty much keeping me alive every time I am in the workshop.

I have just ordered all my exhaust parts, new stainless steel filler rods and a few silly sensors needed to pretty much make everything work, more updates with this soon, more than likely continue the wiring and fit the brakes this weekend coming.

Cheers for looking.
Chopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote