View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 06:18 PM   #33
Chopaholic
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Chopaholic is an unknown quantity at this point
A small update as I have been doing quite a bit of travelling with work.

I re-fitted the engine into the car, again running into more issues, not only did I damage some of my fancy purple paint work but I found the gearbox tunnel in need of plenty more sledge hammer massaging.

After having it in and out a few times and getting very frustrated I decided to leave it out until I solve some of the clearance issues, pushing the engine to the side of the garage got me thinking how I was maybe losing my way with the colours of the car a little, there was currently a little too much going on and with the damage to the purple I thought it was now or never. So I got to work.

I laid this down at 23:30 last night using the spare paint from doing the car, looking much better and thankfully didn't cost £6k

Built the rest back onto it today as I needed to push the car back outside, when it came out into the light I felt really happy about it, much cleaner looking and I am not worried about colours for painting other bits in now.

The engine will be going back in for the final time soon (fingers crossed), I have just had some packages arrive with all my wiring to start making the custom wiring loom.

Got quite a heavy work schedule so the next update may take a few weeks.
Chopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote