View Single Post
Old 09-11-2023, 02:43 PM   #315
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Wiring is definitely my least favorite car-related activity.

Yet somehow, I managed to get my electric ps pump, gauges, and e-fans wired up correctly.

I had to adjust my throttle cable after a little drive around the neighborhood. The sleeve slipped further into the factory throttle cable stopper casing thing so now it's in there way more securely than it was before. Always fun wrenching under the dash... Sike!

The car had a bit of a misfire that I thought was just from fouled plugs from trying to get the car running and tune figured out, but after some diagnosing, I found cyl 4 was barely getting any fuel. I should have sent out a set of injectors to be cleaned and refurbished long ago, but it totally slipped my mind. After playing a bit of musical injectors, I found a spare that worked.

These dummy headlights seem to fit wonky on the right side on every car I've seen with them (including mine) so I fiberglassed some bolts to them so I could dial in the fitment a bit. They still fit funky in the corner, but at least they're flush with the fender now.

While doing a final test drive around my neighborhood before taking the car to be tuned, I noticed the voltage reading doing funny stuff. I thought nothing of it and figured I just did a shitty job wiring the gauge and went off to the dyno.

After warming the car up and backing it onto the dyno, the battery was fully drained and the alternator decided to stop charging at all.

Thankfully the part shop down the street was open late and had an alt in stock, so 20 minutes later we were back in business with much better voltage readings.

Final numbers came out to 199hp 152 ft/lbs (228hp 174 ft/lbs when adjusted for the dyno). Could have shot for more, but I wanted a broader powerband instead of maximum power.

The following day I took the car for a shakedown (literally).

The car ran flawlessly. I only had a handful of small issues, mostly caused by the car rattling shit loose (throttle body pulley, fuel rail bolt, starter signal wire). Aside from desperately needing an alignment, it was a blast to drive. The k24 is such a ROWDY motor I can't even explain. It's exactly what I wanted and needed.

Hopefully my registration will come soon so I can finally set the ride height where I want it instead of it being dictated by a damn u-haul trailer.